Thursday, March 19, 2009

It's always fun

when friends come to visit. Our friends the Cutts came from Minneapolis and spent a few days with us. We had a great time. Drew and Tom got to go on campus to get some work done and hit a bucket of balls. Julie and I crafted during nap times. The kids got to play. Molly and Gabe really liked Eden and I'm pretty sure the feeling was mutual. And then we got to see some of the sights. The football stadium, (how could anyone come to Lincoln and not see Memorial Stadium?) downtown, the capitol building, parks, Ivanna Cone (We had never been to this ice cream shop, but we're told it's the best. And it was really good ice cream, but I loved the atmosphere even more. Not many things make me happier than a hot pink ice cream parlor.) I think the best part was the weather. It was in the mid to high 70s the whole time. Here is some of our adventure.

If you look closely at this picture you can see Molly's shirt covered in ice cream.
We toured the capitol building. I have to admit that I thought it was going to be pretty LAME, but it was actually really neat. For anyone who's read the Twilight books, the inside reminded me how the castle in the third book was described. That was a little creepy. Eden and Gabe really liked sliding around on the floor and seeing their reflection. They also really liked holding hands. They're trying to grow up way too fast.
All of us in the Nebraska Supreme Court Chambers
This is every kids favorite window.



I think we were all a little nervous about how the kids would do sleeping in the same room. Molly and Gabe sleep through each other just fine, but Gabe is a loud sleeper. It's amazing listening to him as he grunts and hums to himself all night long. I was a little worried that he'd keep Eden up, but they did great. They even slept in most mornings.
Thanks for coming!

1 comment:

Julie said...

We had a wonderful time! Thank you for such a fun few days. We were sad to come home.

We will have to do it again soon!!! I will have to do a post on my blog now. :)