Thursday, November 6, 2008

here comes winter...

I've been making clips for Molly. She likes having things in her hair. Randomly throughout the day she'll give me things to put in it like bows, headbands, pony tail holders etc. A few days ago I made flower clips. They're huge... I think they're cute, Drew thinks their ridiculous but, Molly really likes them. In this picture she's really decked out. I think she has on all the necklaces and bracelets she owns. We were dressing up and she couldn't share with me...

Gabe has found a new love for his toes... Maybe they taste better than they smell? :) Everything finds a way into his mouth.

He has really been liking rolling around and playing on the floor. He's recently started scooting a lot more. He can do his legs like he's crawling, but he hasn't figured out the arm part. He uses his head and arms together. I hope that he doesn't rub a bald spot on the top of his head... I remember Molly had an ugly crawl a few weeks before she figured it out.

It has been so nice here the past week. We've been playing outside as much as we can. Gabe likes being outside, but he really doesn't like being on the grass.


Molly has no problem with grass.




Molly likes to wear my flip flops outside. She's a shoe lover and doesn't discriminate.



Gabe having a stare down with the grass.
Being sick isn't all bad when you get to snuggle with dad...

Our kids are just getting over the colds they had. yippee! But, today it's dropped 30 degrees. They're talking about snow this weekend. How does it go from 78 to snow in one week??? I'm not very impressed. I'm hoping the sudden weather change doesn't make them sick again.
On a sad note. My parents had to put Isabelle down last night. Her back legs stopped working, she was in a lot of pain. She was a dorky dog, but she was loved. Maggie my parents pug died early this summer. It'll be strange visiting my parents without the two of them. Drew's dog Baily, Isabelle's mom, died not too long ago. I've never thought much about losing a pet but, they do become part of the family and they'll be missed.

3 comments:

Samantha said...

Oh, I'm so sorry about the dogs! When my childhood dog died I was devastated, so I know how it feels. I'm sorry!

On a happier note, you have the cutest family. I want to see more pics of your apartment, it looks really nice.

I'm kind of jealous Molly likes dressing up and girlie things so much! I know Zara is like 4 months younger than Molly but it seems like Molly's been into that for a while, right? I've put a necklace on her once, and she didn't really like it (she still tries to just eat that kind of thing, so it makes me nervous). She kind of wanted it off. She'd rather ME wear it and her watch or try to get it off of me, but she takes it off immediately. And don't even TRY to get anything in her hair. She thinks it's interesting for about 2 seconds. :( maybe one day.

your kids seem really delightful though. I know I've said this before but I'll say it again: when we have two, I will be asking you for advice!!

Julie said...

Your kids are adorable. I love the post!

As for Eden's teeth: they are both bottom ones. It was a nightmare until they appeared because she was sick and teething, but she's been so much happier since they are through. Good luck with Gabe!

We hope we get to see you guys soon!

Katy Wilson said...

Wow...I didn't know Maggie died...that is very sad to me.
But...on the happy side...those flower barettes you made for Molly are so adorable!