Sunday, November 16, 2008

It's over!

No not our marriage, our ward's primary program. Everything went great. The Bishop made it very clear to me a couple weeks ago that he didn't want the program to go over the allotted time, we had 35-40 min. We finished right on time. It was 37 min. to be exact. The kids sang their hearts out. We have the best chorister, the kids absolutely adore him. I'm happy, everything went smoothly. Having said that, I'm so happy it's over. It's one less thing that I have to think/worry about.

One more positive. Molly pooped on the potty today! Don't be fooled she's no where close to being potty trained, but it's a start. We have a seat that goes over our toilet. She really likes sitting on the potty. She'll put her seat on it and pull me into the bathroom once or twice a day. But this is the first time anything happened. I saw her going into a corner of the living room so I grabbed her and put her on it. I can't wait until she's going on the big potty all the time.

Gabe is feeling much better. His spots have gone away and he's back to his cute self.

Lastly, we're having Thanksgiving with a bunch of students here. One of the things I was assigned to bring is 10 lbs of mashed potatoes. I love mashed potatoes. I make them every so often, but it isn't something I make when we're having friends over for dinner. The ones that I make taste fine, but they aren't the creamy pretty looking ones that everyone else seems to make. So if anyone has any suggestions/recipes send them my way. I'm going to be practicing this week. mmmm mashed potatoes as a side for every dinner this week :) Drew isn't a huge potato fan, he'll be thrilled.

2 comments:

Sean & Julia Johnson.... said...

ok- here is your mashed potatoes tips- my sister gave me this. I usally put an absurd amount of butter in them & then use heavy whipping cream- may sound wierd, but it is VERY good. Everyone always raves about them. try it :)

Katy Wilson said...

My sisters trick to mashed potatoes: make sure there is plenty of salt in the water you boil the potatoes in...then don't add any more salt after they are done. Once the potatoes are cooked and you begin to mash them, add butter and milk. But, melt the butter in the milk in the microwave first. This prevents the mashed potatoes from being too starchy. She says it's about 2 Tbs butter to every 1/2 c. milk...so it just depends on how much mashed potates for how much you need to add. Then, after its all mashed...she adds sour cream. Tacy's are the best mashed potates I've every had...well...after The Cheesecake Factory's potatoes