It was pretty windy when we were walking. Once every five minutes or so the wind would really blow. This would cause Molly to stop and scream as loud as she could in protest until it stopped. Then she would walk again. She wants/thinks she can control the weather.
Molly loves bath time. I think if I let her she would stay in there for an hour or so.
Gabe loves to eat the foam letters. He also likes to kick his legs like a crazy person and splash Molly. She doesn't like that so much.
I trimmed Gabe's hair on Wednesday. It was getting so thick and long in the middle. I evened it out. It's funny how blond his hair is, especially in the light. I'm not sure how I got a blond baby. Whenever I would see a sitcom with dark haired parents and blond kids I would think someone did a bad job casting. Maybe not.
This is my new bed... Drew and I have started sleeping in the living room. We're letting Gabe figure out how to fall back asleep by himself. We started last Monday. Some nights are better than others. I'm hoping that by next weekend he'll be sharing a room with Molly. Molly thinks it's so funny when she wakes up and finds us on the air mattress.
other news....
Drew and I got our Christmas present early. We got a new camera. I really liked our old canon power shot , but it was three+ years and slow. We found a really good deal on a new power shot. I love it. It's like 100* faster. My pictures aren't blurry anymore! I feel like I've been super busy this week, but I haven't done anything picture worthy. Lame. So more pictures to come.
Last night I had a girls night out. A group of us got together at Courtney's house and made Tutu's. They turned out super cute. Molly isn't sure what she thinks of it yet.
Thursday night I went to Joann's to buy the tulle. I picked out what I wanted and gave it to the lady at the cutting counter. She says "Why is everyone buying tulle?" I shrug and say "I'm making tutu's" She gives me a strange look and says well I wouldn't wear a tutu"... what??? I say "It's for my one year old" she gives me a strange look, like yeah right and says "I'm sure she'll love it" I thought the whole thing was odd. Did she think I was making it for myself? Then I go to the check out and the lady behind the counter asks me why every one's buying so much tulle? I told her I was making a tutu for my one year old and Christmas is around the corner. It was strange, if I buy tulle again I'll have to bring Molly with me.
Earlier today we went to a Pre Thanksgiving potluck with all the first year math grads. I think there are about 25 first year math grads and most of them came. I always feel a bit out of place. A: I'm not a math grad (there are always a few weird math jokes that I don't get)B: I'm married C: We have two kids. And I don't know any of them very well. But, it was a good time. Gabe was a hit. I think everyone held him. He's so happy and smiley. He makes friends easily. Molly found a couple people that she liked, but she's more reserved around people she isn't familiar with. After we were there for a while and some people left she started to get comfortable. I should make an effort to invite some of them over. They're all really nice and Drew will be with them for the next 4+ years if everything goes according to plan.
Molly woke up with a cough Thursday. Why wouldn't she?
2 comments:
Jenny- I'm imagining you in a tutu :)
molly is so cute! i think it is funny about the lady who was so confused about the tutu...
Post a Comment