Thursday, November 13, 2008

Molly...Gabe...Gabe again

I remember before I had kids looking at certain families and thinking man their kids get sick a lot. Sadly, now it's the story of my life. When it comes to sharing germs with each other Molly and Gabe are the best. Molly got a cold a couple days before Halloween. She passed it to Gabe. Gabe started getting better and then he got worse. He had a fever all weekend. I brought him to the doctor Monday. They said he had some kind of virus. Ok. We went home to wait it out. His fever broke, I thought we were in the clear. Tuesday morning he woke up with a rash all over his face. Poor little guy, he looked terrible. I thought the fever was to blame. Wednesday he woke up at 11(after keeping us awake all night ARGH) with the rash all over his tummy, and upper thighs. I called the doctor feeling a little dumb as we were just there. The doctor checked him out asked the usual questions. Is he eating? Is there any diarrhea? My answers, yes and no. The doctor got another opinion and they decided he has Roseola. A virus, the rash should go away within the week. Then today, right after his bath I might add, diarrhea everywhere and he hasn't been interested in eating... What is going on? I'm done with the kids being sick and not getting any sleep. Hopefully this goes away quick and they don't pick up something else.

3 comments:

Samantha said...

Ekh, I'm so sorry! I hope they get better soon! William has super human immunity, so I think Zara may have inherited this. She barely ever gets sick, and she's never had any ear infections that I know of. Her nose has been running for like 2 months but no sickness really.

William's mom said that she heard some people, rarely, can be carriers of colds, flus, viruses, etc., but never get any symptoms, and we think maybe William is one of these fortunate few. Whatevs to him! Nice for him while the rest of us get sick all the time. Plus it just makes him think everyone else is just making it up and we're all wimps.

Sean & Julia Johnson.... said...

that sounds awful!! I think I'll just stick to the feeding & sleeping schedule!! no sick kids!!! I hope...

Katy Wilson said...

so sorry...
I'm wearing a hoodie today... in my house...i never thought i would get to that point here in arizona