Friday, February 13, 2009

snow warning?

It's been beautiful outside this past week. We've been having lots of fun going outside and playing in nothing more than a long sleeve shirt or a sweatshirt. I think it was 63 on Tuesday. Yesterday it was 54 , like I said beautiful. The weather reports have been saying that a snow storm was coming today. Some areas could get up to 12in. Here in Lincoln they were saying 6+. I told Drew I didn't believe it. We've gotten snow about 4 times this winter and each time we've never gotten more than about 1 1/2 inches. I told him I thought we'd get snow, but no more than 3 inches. I think we usually get about a half of what's predicted.





peek a boo!
I guess I was wrong. I think we have about 3 or 4 inches now and it's still snowing. I think it's supposed to end soon. I don't think NE Lincoln will get to 6 inches, but more than the 3 I predicted.
Molly loves the snow. Here she is having a ball before nap time.

2 comments:

Samantha said...

Ah, I don't let Zara play out in the snow enough! Or, at all. I'm not sure why.
It's weird, from your blogs it seems like Lincoln's weather is way nicer than it is up here. It's not like it's that much further south! We had one nice day this week and that was it.

Wilkerson Family said...

Before we moved here Drew was comparing the weather in Lincoln and Chicago. Nebraska was on average 2 degrees warmer. People who are from here have said that this winter hasn't been "normal". Normal or not I've been a fan. Hopefully the next few winters will follow suit.