Monday, February 23, 2009

little Molly things

Molly has been a little more animated the past few days. She's so fun, I thought I'd share a few things that make me smile.

The past few weeks Molly has been getting interested in TV. Well not really TV so much as her Baby Einstein first signs and Sesame Street Silly Songs DVDs. I find it a little frustrating at times that you have to use 3 remotes to play a DVD and Molly knows how to do it all by herself. When ever she feels like watching a movie she can. Anyway she was watching the first signs DVD (if you haven't seen it, the signs they teach you are divided into sections: meals, family, bedtime etc. In between these sections there are little skits with puppets.) Molly loves the puppet skits. She laughs and points, you get the picture. Toward the end there's a skit with a mommy animal (I still haven't figured out what the blue animals are exactly) tucking her sleeping baby in. Then an obnoxious duck comes in making all kinds of noise. She was laughing I said trouble and she pointed to herself. She knows she's trouble.

After I change a dirty diaper I bag it and put it outside our backdoor. Today I opened the door, Molly rushed past me and said Brr shaking her whole body and slammed the door.

When I'm making our grocery list I usually pull out a bunch of cookbooks to decide what I'll make for dinner that week. Molly likes to help me. She'll turn pages find a picture she likes then she'll show me by pointing to it and saying mmmmm while licking her lips.

Today I pulled out the little bin the cars go in and told Molly to help me put them away. While she was helping me she started singing helping helping helping. Molly has a really sweet voice when she isn't yelling.

In other news Gabe has started pulling himself up on things and going from crawling to sitting. Maybe he'll be interested in walking after all. I think it's helped having him around newly walking babies. I can see the wheels in his head turning as he watches them, "oh that's how you do it".

3 comments:

Julie said...

This is fun! I feel like I got to know a lot more about Molly.

I'm already getting excited to see you guys! Let us know if any problems come up...we don't want to intrude.

Sean & Julia Johnson.... said...

she's so fun :)

Samantha said...

She just seems like such a big girl! How funny.