Monday, February 16, 2009

a morning in pictures

At 12:30 today Molly's nap time had been underway for over 30 min. After about 20 min I have a green light to put Gabe down for a nap (without having to worry about Molly waking up from Gabe rolling around as he gets comfortable). So I slowly open the door to ensure that she is in fact sleeping. And what do I find? An empty bed. I immediately get a little nervous. She isn't in bed and it's quiet. (That usually means t.r.o.u.b.l.e. Last week I heard Gabe singing to himself around when they usually wake up. I foolishly thought because Molly hadn't opened the door and come out to find me that she was still asleep. No, Molly wasn't asleep. She had climbed up the side of Gabe's crib and turned on the closet light. Then she went into the closet and found a marker. She was coloring all over her hands, pants and a piece of paper. Luckily it was a washable crayola marker and not a permanent scrap booking one.)

When I step into the room what do I find?
She was passed out in the rocking chair. I couldn't resist grabbing the camera. I love it that she put a blanket over herself and had a book on her lap. She cracks me up.
When Molly was crawling and even when she first started walking she was always hesitant to leave the room she was in. Granted we lived in a small apartment, but I think she was really scared of the hallway. Gabe has no problem leaving us and exploring on his own. I left him unattended on the floor for a few minutes and this is where I found him. Now I have a baby with a wet bottom.

Drew took this picture yesterday morning. I think it's sweet. Gabe is dressed and ready for church and Molly is finishing breakfast. He loves grabbing her feet as she eats at the table. Molly thinks it's funny, but promptly moves her feet somewhere else.
I guess I've never noticed how much volume Molly's hair has when she first wakes up. She looks like she could be a country music star. :)

4 comments:

Samantha said...

That is so funny about her in the rocking chair. It's hilarious that she did it silently without you knowing, too.

Molly is only like 4 months older than Zara but I swear she seems so much more grown up than Zara. She has more hair, she sleeps in a real bed, eats like a normal person at the table- Zara's in her crib, still in a high chair. You make me feel like I need to speed things up here! I think it's laziness for me- it's easier to keep her confined during bed/meal times.

I love Molly stories.

Sean & Julia Johnson.... said...

I just LOVE all of the things kids do as they grow & develope. I'm sure its so fun with 2& maybe a little frustrating at times! I can't for all fo the fun things Sam will do this year :)

Katy Wilson said...

that is so funny because you know she had to know that what she was doing was 'naughty' because she did it so quietly and when she knew you wouldn't be around.
smart girl!

Julie said...

Ha....too funny. Molly has such a fun personality--and I love her hair!!

I cannot believe how big Gabe is getting. He has the best smile.