Sunday, September 14, 2008

Are you sure?.....

At church I received a new calling. (In our church their isn't a paid clergy, so members of the church are asked to do different assignments, called callings. It helps people to develop different talents and gives you a chance to learn and grow through study and prayer.) The bishop called a couple weeks ago and asked if he could meet with Drew and I before church. So we were talking about possible reasons the bishop would want to meet with us. Drew was thinking it would be a get to know you thing. But I was pretty sure that we were going to get new callings, and I was pretty sure I was going into primary. I was mostly right. The bishop asked me to be the primary president. My first thought was are you sure? I was thinking I was going to be a teacher, or something along those lines. It's a little overwhelming. The primary program is in November, and they would like a budget and next year curriculum order turned in soon. But I'm excited. I'll be working with some great people. Our primary (18 months -12 yrs) is pretty small we have about 25 to 30 kids, half of them being in nursery. So it should be an exciting and challenging new adventure.

3 comments:

Samantha said...

THIS IS CRAZY!! That's like my worse nightmare. I would have a hard time saying yes to that. Maybe they'd have a hard time letting me into heaven. I can't imagine doing that with two kids, too. You'll do a great job! What's with wards and giving brand new people huge callings?

Samantha said...

that should have been worst, not worse.

Sean & Julia Johnson.... said...

holy cow!! That is really awesome! You'll definitely have alot of chances to lead & grow in that calling! Good luck, you'll be great ;)