Well, if you think that you were surprised (if you were someone that got a phone call), we were even more surprised. We had our baby Monday morning, and for those of you less confident with numbers than I, that is about 3 weeks early. So here is the mini story. My self and Molly are passed out sleeping when suddenly Jenny is standing at the side of the bed and wakes me at about 3:30 in the morning. She says she has been having contractions every five minutes for over an hour and is pretty sure that we need to go to the hospital. Me, still being in a drunken stooper from the NY-Quil I had taken didn't really comprehend. So Jenny takes a quick shower and I continue sleeping. By the time she gets out, it finally hit me that it really was happening. So I shower and start getting everything together. We had absolutely nothing packed. We were sure that we had at least a week or so. In fact, if Jenny hadn't gone shopping on Saturday, we wouldn't really have had any clothes for him.
So anyway, by the time we get everything packed and ready to go, we arrived at the hospital at about 5:15 AM (a very inconvenient truth). Jenny got the magic pain meds by about 6:30 while Drew was dropping off Molly with some friends (the Chirstensens for those of you familiar with the Orland Park Ward). Jenny pushed twice for the nurse, and twice for the doctor and out he came. At 10:36 AM Gabriel Andrew Wilkerson was born weighing 6lbs 4 oz and 19 inches long. Everything went perfect. Mom and Gabriel came home today already and are doing great. Well that is my version. I'm sure Jenny will provide her own version when she regains her strength.Enjoy the pics...
6 comments:
He is adoreable. I am excited that he is here. I am happy that he came early for you.
I'm glad that I wasn't just confused...because I thought you weren't going to be having him until right as i got there...then you would need time to adjust to a new one before I could come and hang out all the time...but now...you have 25 days to adjust till i get there to be glued to your hip till you leave. sad. contrats though. are you going to call him Gabe?
Congrats again! And thanks for the update! Your story of a short labor gives me hope for future babies of mine, but also jealousy considering my story. He is really cute and I love his name. You guys look great. Keep the updates coming! Congrats to all and great job Jenny! I hope you feel OK!
we are going to call him Gabe. I still can't believe that he's here. It's fun watching how Molly interacts with him. She is so excited whenever he's moving or talking. I'm happy they're hitting it off.
congratulations! It was fun to see pictures. I was surprised to see that the baby was already here though! I am sure that was a pleasant surprise for you! :)
Congrats! It sounded like a fairly good labor. That's the way I'd like it to happen for me!
I'm also really glad Molly is liking him...at least for now. :) Keep us updated! We can't wait to meet him.
Post a Comment