Monday, April 28, 2008

Drew's Last Day Home

Today is sadly the last day that Drew has off work :( It will be sad not having him around. I'm a little scared of what tomorrow will bring. Hopefully I will be able to keep the crying to a minimum. For the most part they are really good together, but it seems like when one of them needs your undivided attention the other one starts to have some kind of melt down. For example Gabe hardly ever cries unless I'm trying to rock Molly to sleep. And Molly always seems to want me to read her a book when it's time to feed Gabe. We'll have to work on getting a schedule going. But so far so good I haven't felt too overwhelmed by either of them yet. I'll only have a week alone and then my mom is going to come in town for a couple of weeks. I'm looking forward to that.
We wanted to use our zoo membership once more before it got too hot. Molly loves it when we let her walk all by herself. We have to keep a close eye on her, she loves other kids and sometimes she'll just start following one of them.

Another picture from the zoo

This is Gabe this morning 4/28


It's amazing what a size difference there is. Gabe is trying to catch up. He had another check up on 4/24 and he weighed 6 lbs 14 oz. So he gained about 13 oz. in 7 days.

Molly loves looking at books and recently she has started handing us books and sitting in our laps. It's so cute.



I love his little smile.

2 comments:

Katy Wilson said...

Once again...I'm pumped about being out there! I also have a huge huge huge huge huge huge huge favor to ask. I realized today that I know of no one that can help me unload my 'heavy' stuff off my trailer when I get there. I will be arriving Tuesday afternoon (the 13th) and is there anyway that Drew could maybe come over for a second and help me carry my bookshelves and bed? I know you both are busy and I would worship you forever...but do not hesitate at all to just say no if you've got too much on your plate. I would understand comopetely. Anyway, either way I'll see you in 2 WEEKS!!!

Wilkerson Family said...

I'm so excited that you are moving out here. I wish that we were going to be here longer... Anyway I'm sure that we can help you move in. Do you know where you are going to be living?