Thursday, April 17, 2008

Getting into the swing of things

I kept telling Drew that I was ready not to be pregnant anymore. Yet I wasn't planning on Gabe coming so early. I woke up at 2 Monday morning from a contraction. I didn't think too much of it until 5 minutes later when I had another one and they just kept coming. I guess I just thought that things would be the same as they were with Molly. Gabriel knew when he wanted to come. Everything went really well and I'm happy to be at home. Gabe had his first check up today. He's 6lbs 1oz and they said that he is 20 1/4 inches, I'm thinking that someone must be a little off because I don't think he grew 1 1/4 inches in three days. He has been sleeping a lot. Last night he let me sleep four hours straight, it was really nice. Molly is really cute with him. She gets so excited when she sees him. She does this funny laugh as she breaths in, very cute. We do have to keep a close eye on her. She likes to share with him. She tries to give him all kinds of things...pacifiers, crackers, toys anything she thinks he needs. It's very cute and scary at the same time. I always thought that Molly was small, but next to Gabe she's a giant. She hasn't had any jealous moments yet and I'm hoping that it will stay that way.
Gabriel and Dad taking a nap

He loves getting swaddled and then moving around until the blanket is almost covering his whole face. He looks like he's in a cocoon.

What a great big sister


3 comments:

Katy Wilson said...

so cute! i can't wait to see all of you!

Anonymous said...

thanks for the fun pictures. I am glad you and baby are doing well.

Katy Wilson said...

i will be out there in 19 days!