Tuesday, April 8, 2008

The Waiting Game

Well, we are still playing the waiting game on schools. I have heard from 5, and waiting still to hear from 4 more (yes, I applied to nine schools, crazy. We are almost finished paying off the application fees). I have been accepted at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln, but have been put on the wait list to receive a TA-ship which would pay for tuition and a small salary. So that is a draw back. On the plus side though, Lincoln is almost as cheep as Rexburg (1200 sq. feet for under $750 a month), and we will be only a 7 hour drive from family and some very dear friends a little further north. For those of you still keeping score, I am waiting to here from U of Minnesota, U of Iowa, Michigan State, and Notre Dame. At this point, I am definitely not a top choice for any of them, but at the same time, I haven't been denied, so that is good. I was dumped by U of Wisconsin, U of Illinois, Purdue, and Northwestern. Hopefully this will be the week I hear, but I have been saying that for 3 weeks or so. My sinking suspicion is that I may not hear until after April 15th when the top choice students have made there decisions.
We are getting a little restless about knowing where we get to move, but we'll keep playing the waiting game.

3 comments:

Katy Wilson said...

yuck...i hate waiting. The universtiy of iowa is only 1 1/2 hours from nauvoo. too bad i'm moving, cause that would have been a blast!

Tom said...

Drew, you're always a top choice candidate in my book.

Keep us posted!

Julie said...

We're glad you'll at least be a little closer to us!