Thursday, May 30, 2013

March Highlights

New computer/ Trip to Denver

Drew likes to remind me about how I suck at keeping our blog current.  true. true....  I hated our computer it was SO S.L.O.W.  it would take forever to upload just one picture more than 3 and usually it would freeze.  It was really frustrating.  Drew said that we should use some of our tax return money to buy a new computer.  We started comparing different ones.  Drew asked if it would help me if I had a laptop.  Then I wouldn't have to sit in a corner of the basement to blog.  I told him that would be really nice, but I know that desktops last so much longer.  So we decided on our perfect desktop and ordered it.  March 13th our computer arrived.  Along with the desktop we had decided on Drew also ordered a laptop.  I felt so spoiled.  Shortly after they arrived Drew had to go to church for Boy Scouts.  

When Drew came home he told me he had another surprise for me.  More than a lap top?  I was thinking he stopped at DQ on the way home which he'll do on occasion.  He made me shut my eyes and handed me plane tickets.  Simon and I were leaving Friday morning to go and see my best friend Becky in Denver.  I started crying.  I was excited, overwhelmed,nervous.  Drew kept asking me if I was happy.  I said yes and he just kept telling me I wasn't acting happy.  Basically I don't do surprised well.  Drew did a great job keeping it a secret everyone knew I was leaving except for me.  Drew had made other arrangements for the little girl I watch on Mondays.  He had rescheduled the talk I was supposed to give in church and he had asked someone else to give my sharing time lesson.  Thursday I had the day to pack.  


Friday Simon and I flew to Denver.  Simon did great on the flight.  He fell asleep right before the plane took off and woke up right before we landed.  Thinking about it, it almost feels like it didn't happen.  It was amazing.  I love Becky and her family.  Aaron watched Simon Saturday and sent us to the day spa.  We got massages and facials.  Aaron also sent us to a movie.  We spent the week staying up late, crafting. talking, shopping, watching movies and laughing. It was great.  It took Simon a couple days to adjust to mountain time, but he loved it.  He slept through the night a few times while we were there and basked in all the attention he got from the Anderson kids.  It was the best trip.  It made me remember that I can be fun, that I'm more than a sleep deprived mom.  It was the best present Drew could have given me.  Becky and I have some of the best husbands.  Just sayin.  :)
 before we left the spa. 
 I've never been so lotioned in all my life.  Don't we look shiney and rejuvenated :)
 quick picture before we headed to the airport
 waiting to board
 flight home
Simon didn't do as well on the flight back he slept a little and nursed a lot.  Not too much crying.

2 comments:

Katy Wilson said...

How fun!! For their anniversary my friend Sarah's husband bought her a ticket to come see me! I was thrilled and I'm sure that it's no small feat for husbands to stay home with all the kids! Drew is awesome :)

Becky Anderson said...

Drew is awesome :) Your trip out here seems like forever ago!! Good thing we are meeting up again in a few weeks!! Can't wait!