Thursday, May 30, 2013

March Highlights

Lincoln Turned 2!

 Sunday night we had friends over for cake and ice cream.  Lincoln is my candy kid.  I thought this cake was fitting.  It's frosted and then wrapped in kit kat bars and then topped with peanut m&ms (his favorite).  The kit kat bars made it super easy to cut... ;)
 Monday was Lincoln's actual birthday.  We opened presents and had ice cream. 
Lincoln is his own person.  
He's very serious and stubborn.  It takes work to get a smile, but when you do hold onto your socks.
He loves cars, trucks, buses and planes.  Jefferson County buses everyone everywhere.  Lincoln loves watching out the window and yelling bus every time one drives down the street.  Whenever we drive by the airport I love hearing excited yells from the backseat. 
He also loves shoes.  Right now his favorite pair are white lace up sneakers.  He wants to wear those everywhere and gets really upset when I make him pick a different pair. 
He has a stuffed animal named Blu.  Lincoln loves to chew on his arms and ears because of this Blu stinks.  Lincoln likes to smell blu and then he says "mmm stinks" with the cutest mischievous smile.  Blu is gross, but I can't take him away. 
Lincoln watches everyone and wants to do whatever Molly and Gabe are doing.  He isn't cautious like Molly and Gabe.  I'm constantly amazed as I watch him.  If he can't get up the ladder or rock wall at the park he'll climb the slide.  He's really determined. 
He's talking a lot now and I love it. 
Drew is Lincoln's favorite.  It makes me a little jealous sometimes watching those two together. 
Lincoln is also my only kid who has ever drawn on the walls.  He keeps me busy. 
Here's to the next year!

No comments: