Thursday, May 30, 2013

March Highlights

Molly is 6!
The Saturday before Molly's birthday we had her party.  I was excited about this game.  You pop a ton of popcorn.  Then you attach paper cups to the kids feet using paperclips and rubber-bands.  They have to fill their cups with popcorn run down and empty it into the bucket.  First team to fill their bucket wins.  The kids loved it and so did the birds and Franklin.
 Molly loves hopscotch and duck duck goose.
 Then it was inside for some cake.  This was my first attempt at marshmallow fondant. I should have read the directions.  I didn't let it sit long enough to really work with it so we cut out stars and put them on the cake.

 Monday was her actual birthday.  We went to dairy queen (Molly is an ice cream girl) and opened presents.  Molly got a sewing machine from my mom.  She loves it.  I wish I was a better sewer.  Molly will help give me motivation to practice.
Where do I start with Molly?
Molly loves to sing.  She is constantly making up her own songs or rocking out to the radio.
Molly loves reading.  One morning she asked if I was reading 'The House Girl' I said "yes how did you know that?"  She pointed at it on the coffee table.  Then she asked me if it was fiction or nonfiction.  I said fiction.  She pointed at her Fancy Nancy book and said "I like fiction too".  When did she grow up?
Molly loves riding her bike and scooter.
She loves dresses and accessories.  Notice the big earrings and headband.  :)
Molly is a  leader.
Molly has a great memory.
She's good at following directions.  The other day I was volunteering at Molly's school.  I was talking to Mitch, a boy in her class,  I said I'm Molly's mom.  He said "Molly always gets on outstanding"  When I told Molly that she blushed and said "that isn't true.  Sometimes I only get on great choices".
Molly is still shy, but every year she's becoming more and more comfortable.  
Molly is a great big sister and helper to me.  She loves cooking and sweeping.
Molly wants to be a dentist when she grows up.
I feel lucky to have this little lady.

No comments: