Friday, December 23, 2011

Cincinnati

I'm behind. The first weekend in October we took a quick trip to Cincinnati (about 2 hours north of Louisville). So fun. Have you ever been? Well if not, I have so many pictures you'll feel like you were there with us :)

Day 1. We spent the first day at the natural history museum. (we got in for free with our Science Center Pass. whoop whoop) An old train terminal was renovated an turned into 3 museums. It was a really neat building.




Their was a cave in the museum. Molly and Gabe's favorite part. I think we went through 4 + times. There were 2 ways through one had stairs and water the other was lame, but could accommodate wheel chairs and our stroller.
The handicapped way did have look outs (notice Drew in the window)












We ate dinner at the Montgomery Inn. Drew loves their BBQ sauce. It was a neat restaurant I'd recommend it.

We spent the night at an old hotel. Not sure that I would want to stay there again. But we did have a nice view.
No one got a good nights sleep. Gabe is a mover and kept almost knocking Molly off the bed. Lincoln HATES pack and plays. All of this led to mom and dad being woken up just about every hour by calls for help. Molly told me she didn't feel well in the morning and started throwing up. YUCK. She still wanted to go to the zoo so we preceded with our original plan. Most of the zoo she just stayed in the stroller. Molly is a real trooper. She never complained and would give us the cutest little tired smile.

Day 2. The Cincinnati Zoo and Botanical Gardens. Beautiful. (1/2 price admission with our Louisville Zoo pass. sweet)










aren't these dangerous? apparently not cool demonstration though.



Minus Molly getting sick and us freezing at the zoo it was a really fun trip. (It was 10 degrees colder Saturday than we had planned for) I'm looking forward to doing it again. Maybe next time we'll hit up the Newport Aquarium.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Really miss you guys! It looks so fun. Can't wait for summer time. You're still plannin' on Estes right? Next year we'll plan on Myrtle Beach.

Holy Diet! Lookin' good old man. Lookin' good.