Last Tuesday (13) was my birthday. I got completely spoiled and I'm a little embarrassed to blog about it.... We kicked off the night with pizza. Drew made me a clone version of
DQ's ice cream cake. (I think it's the first time Drew's made me a cake. ever.) Yummy. My parents gave me a laminating machine. No more sticking two pieces of contact paper together for me. :) Suzie got me a
cricut. So excited. (Any friends who have a
cricut, what accessories do you have that you love?) I just bought some vinyl yesterday. I've been hinting, well telling, Drew for a while that I would love a tripod and wireless remote for my camera. I've also been talking about how I want photo shop. Drew delivered. He also got me a photo shop for dummies book, an external flash and a new camera bag to hold all my gadgets. Maybe next year our Christmas cards will feature our whole family. :) Completely spoiled. And the pictures are still on my camera...
hApPy 28!
4 comments:
wow...I'm coming to your house for my next birthday! I love my cricut and I have the design studio that goes with my cricut. It connects your computer to your cricut so you can deisgn your layout on the computer. It makes it easier to see your design. and design with different cartirdges on the same design. now you do have to own the cartridge to be able to cut anything using that style. Also it lets you using different sizing than what is available on the cricut. well, at least my circut only lets you go from like 1/2" to 6"...I have the first cricut that came out. Anyway...I love my Design Studio. I would burn you a copy of my cd and mail it to you but my cd is snapped in half. :(
thanks Katy. I have the personal cricut so I think it cuts the same sizes as yours. Do you still have to buy different cartridges to use with the design studio or does it give you different style options?
You can only cut what you have the cartridge for. It lets you design with and see all the designs of every cartridge available...but in order to cut anything you have to insert the compatable cartridge. Which I thought was annoying at first...because I thought what was the point of being able to deisng something using 2 different cartridges if I could only cut one style at a time. Then I relized you can cut it using one cartridge...then just re-insert it without removing the paper and cut it again with yoru different cartridge. Duh. I'm super lucky because my mother in law LOVES buying crafting things. She has a drawer full of cricut cartridges. I only own 4 myself...but I can use hers whenever.
Post a Comment