Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Say What?

We (the kids and I) ran into Wal-Mart a few days ago. As we were walking by the bathrooms....
Molly: Those are Wal-Mart's pottys.
Me: uh huh do you need to go potty?
Molly: (very matter of fact) No... those pottys freak me out.
It was funny hearing Molly say that. It's also very true. Molly isn't a big fan of public bathrooms. Can you blame her? On our trip to Chicago last winter break she held it 8 hours until we got to grandma's house. Talk about bladder control.

A couple Wednesdays ago we were on our way to toddler time at the library. (It starts at 10:35. The library (Eisley branch) is only a couple minutes from our house. I like us to be walking out the door at 10:15. Then we can get to the library return our books and find our name tags with a few minutes to spare.) I'm in the van getting the kids buckled in when I smell something unpleasant.
me: Gabe, do you stink?
Gabe: uh huh
me: ok I'm going to lay you one the seat to change your diaper, we don't have time to go back inside. That means you can't wiggle. I don't want poop on the seat. Do you understand?
Gabe: uh huh
Molly: yeah if you get poop on the seat Daddy will be ticked.
Another accurate insight by Molly.

Speaking of the library here are some pictures of the Fancy Nancy parties we went to. If you haven't read Fancy Nancy you should check her out. We're all fans at our house. Well at least Molly and I are. The first few pictures are at the Gere branch back in March.
Molly making her crown

TaDa
This was at Eisley last week.
Gabe hasn't quite mastered the art of drinking with his pinky in the air :)
Molly was thrilled that I let her wear her dress up shoes out of the house.
These parties were so much fun. I love the Lincoln City Libraries.

1 comment:

Jason and Jessica Bills said...

So I LOVE that first picture of Gabe in that last post. SO CUTE! The library parties looked like so much fun. Emerson is getting old enough that I think I need to start looking around for fun things to do like that.

Now to your question. I loved the book "Understanding Exposure". That is actually the only book that I have read so far about photography. I took a class at JessicaSprague.com that is taught by Candice Stringham. I learned a lot in that class. I loke a sight called ILovePhotography.com. It is a good learning from others forum. Other than that I just experiment with my manual modes most the time. My favorite of the "manual" modes is the AV mode...where you set your f-stop and then the rest is done by the camera. I hope that helps!