Friday, April 2, 2010

easter egg hunt

Our friend hosted a Easter bake/egg hunt. Here are some pictures of the egg hunt. Molly was really excited to find the eggs. She found hers and then most of Gabe's. Gabe was just interested in eating what was inside and then dropping the egg on the ground. It was so fun and now we have a variety delicious treats.




Yesterday was SUPER WINDY, but warm. It was in the mid 80's. I'm ready for summer. Last fall I found a free splash pad by city campus I can't wait for it to open. I'm ready to pack up the winter coats and break out the shorts. sigh it's still only April 2nd.

**********************************************************************************
In "adult" news. Drew is graduating next month. He'll have a Masters in Mathematics. exciting. / scary. Originally we were hoping/planning on a PhD. Before you you can get a PhD from UNL you have to pass a couple tests. There is one that Drew just can't score high enough on. The test is offered every 6 months. Instead of spending more time trying to pass it we're moving on. At least we're leaving with something. Some people come already having a masters and then leave with nothing if they can't pass. That would be even more depressing. Right now Drew is applying all over the place. The thought of being done with school is really exciting for me. I'll get to see Drew more. At the same time the thought of not having a job is really scary. Drew still has a valid teaching certificate so he could always sub if it came down to it. But I think that Drew vowed to himself that he wouldn't go back to teaching high school. blah. I don't like thinking that in a couple months we could be moving. I really LOVE Lincoln. I love our friends, the parks, music makers, museums, and our library. More or less I love familiarity. But even more than I love those things I love my little family and living indoors, so come what may.

4 comments:

Samantha said...

Well we are much in the same boat, as far as not knowing what job we will have or where we will be living in just a few months, and it is pretty scary, yes! Best of luck Drew!

Jana said...

i can't even think of you leaving because i get so sad! whah.

Courtney said...

So jealous of that nice Spring weather... it's snowing here in Utah. BTW I love Molly's dress, it is so cute.
Good luck with pulling everything together in the next little while.

Suzanne said...

We definitely will be sad to see you go, we are hoping however it won't be for a year :) Love your blog! You have some really cute pics. of Molly and Gabe on here!