We went camping at Indian Cave State Park for a couple days. I love camping. I told Drew it's funny that we pay money to sleep outside. It's a really neat Park. There used to be a town there called St Deroin. They've restored a couple of the buildings and do demonstrations in them, like broom making and candle stick making etc. Unfortunately they only do those things on the weekends and we were there during the week. As you drive further into the park to the actual "cave" you pass a little cemetery. We walked around and looked at some of the tomb stones. Most of them were too old to read, but there were all around the late 1800's and early 1900's. Except for a couple of people who were buried a couple years ago. That was a little strange. I read about how the cemetery is haunted by a man named Ritter. Interesting and a little creepy. There was also another cemetery on the map, but it wasn't off the main road it was in the woods and the path to it was closed. It was called the Half-Breed cemetery. Drew and I decided it must be where all the mud bloods are buried.:) In reality I'm sure it had something to do with the Frenchmen and Indian women. It was neat being in a place with so much history. Not a bad way to end our summer vacation.
Gabe and Drew reading about the cave.


The Missouri River.

Here is the Indian cave. It wasn't exactly what I was expecting. It was more of a wall than a cave. Molly was so excited to walk up the stairs.

There were wild turkeys everywhere. I have to be honest turkeys have to be some of the ugliest animals out there. Especially when they're running and there necks are bobbing. wow.

This seat is one of the greatest things ever. We stole it from my parents. I wish we had one for Molly.

There were little parks all around the state park. This one was at our campsite. I'm not sure if the picture really shows how scary it was. I was worried she was going to fall off the top. Molly didn't share my concerns she loved it. They don't make parks the way they used to.
3 comments:
Wow...you guys seem to do a lot of really cool stuff! Me and my roomate Jillian have been doing little weekend adventures these past few weekends! We went to the Grand Canyon last week and went to Wildlife World Zoo and Aquarium today! (We had a buy one get one free pass, THANK GOODNESS because it is $28 bucks a person!)
fun!!! It looks beautiful!
So sad we couldn't come with you. We still got lots of time to do fun stuff, though huh? Don't forget us when you plan your next trip to Chicago.
Aaron
Post a Comment