Monday, August 3, 2009

Farmers' Market

Last Saturday we went to the Farmers' Market in the Haymarket. (For any non -Lincolnites the Haymarket is the old warehouse district downtown. It's been renovated and is now mostly restaurants and little boutiques. I think of it as a more trendy part of downtown. It's really fun and there is the the best ice cream parlor there. If you haven't been to Ivonna Cone, you should go. It's similar to the dairy store on campus, but with a much better decor. ) As we were looking for a meter we ran into some friends. Everything is always a little better with friends. We had a great time sampling and checking out all the booths. It was in the high 70's. We couldn't have asked for better weather. There were so many crafty things there. When I came home I wanted to make something.

After Drew and I put the kids down for a nap I attempted to make a butterfly. I think it turned out really cute and it was really easy. For anyone who is interested here are the directions.

I'm going to have to make more with brighter bodies. The brown gets lost in Molly's hair... Thanks Becky!
In other news Gabe has been taking steps for the past couple weeks. I can't call him a walker yet, but it's a step in the right direction. He's so easily distracted and doesn't have much patience for walking. It's amazing to me how opposite my kids are....

4 comments:

Katy Wilson said...

I've been meaning to ask...a couple of times I've gotten a random text message from Drew at around 6 in the morning...but it doen'st look like it's a text message from a phone...but more like a text from a computer...does that make sense? because there really isn't amessage...

on another note...you're kids are adorable!

Drew said...

Katy it's a text from my iPod. Are the messages blank? They shouldn't be. You should be able to read/reply like normal text. Sorry about the 6 am, hopefully it didn't wake you up. I forget about the time switch sometimes.

Julie said...

Looks like a lot of fun!! I LOVE the adorable bow--such a cute idea. I'm going to have to steal it. :)

We miss you guys!

Carrie said...

I'm going to have to try these out--so cute!