Monday, January 5, 2009

only $5

Lets be honest being poor stinks. But that's what we are and will remain as long as Drew's in school. I can't complain because it's what we've chosen. I love staying at home with my babies. Because of our financial situation we qualify for certain government programs, we're on WIC. A friend told me that Lincoln has a great children's museum and you can get a membership for super cheap if you bring your WIC envelop with you. She said she thought it was like $5. I thought her dollar amount was probably off, but hey a discounted membership and something to do inside, out of the house in the winter sounded good to me.
We went to the children's museum for the first time with Suzie this past week. It was so much fun. My friend was right. We got a year's membership for the whole family for $5. That's less than half of what it would have cost us to go for the day. What an amazing deal. Again it stinks being poor, but if you ask/shop around there are some great deals out there. The museum is downtown and even gets you discounted parking .30 cents an hour at the garage across the street. So it will be about .90 cents every time we go. I'm excited about it. It's three floors of fun. Molly cried when it was time to leave. Hopefully I don't have a problem when I'm there alone. It will be even more fun for Gabe in a few months when he's walking.
Molly dressed as a Mercat. Against the wall where the bar is there's a slide. That was her favorite part of the tunnel area.

Molly coming for Gabe. She likes the idea of the tunnels, but she doesn't like that it's dark. It's a cute area. There are stairs that take you to tunnels on top. She went to the top once with me. I need to go with a friend who has a kid around Molly's age. She's a little chicken when it comes to doing things by herself, but I'm a little big to be crawling around with her.

Gabe trying on some of the costumes in the theater area.

Molly was ready to go for a dip.

I thought Gabe in the big chair was cute. It was the wrong time of day.
Molly checking out. She was so angry when she wasn't able to take the cart out of the shopping area. Drew took a picture of her throwing a fit. I decided to post this one instead.

Molly and Suzie.

They have a special area blocked off for kids under three. Gabe liked playing in there. It was nice not having to worry about a bigger kid knocking him over.

Watch out. Crazy lady coming through!
Just in case you're observant. A couple of these pictures were taken on a different day. We went this Tuesday for a couple hours. There are no field trips Tuesday mornings. The elementary schools are back in progress so it was empty. Molly likes other kids, but doesn't do well with too many.

2 comments:

Katy Wilson said...

i love finding deals! it's such a good feeling to know you're saving money!

Samantha said...

That's sweet. I need to find more stuff like that. I think I'll apply for financial aid at the YMCA so I can get a break there; we need it. There are lots of children's museums around here but not quite IN DeKalb; they'd all be a bit of a drive.