I really like the size of our car. I can fit the double stroller and all my grocery's in the trunk. I like the way our car looks and it's tinted windows. The one problem with our car is that it isn't reliable. It's great for running around town, but I'm always nervous when we're leaving town. It was my grandma's car. It's a 99 with no miles. Even though it doesn't have any miles it's old and it always needs a bunch of little repairs all the time. It's more than a little frustrating. Drew and I were looking at cars and talking about getting something else. But I didn't think getting another car would be the best option. We're planning on being in Lincoln for 5 years. I can honestly see us having more than one kid in the next five years and then we'd need something bigger. So we started looking at mini vans.
On Monday we put money down on a Nissan Quest.

This will be our new ride. Well almost, ours is white. Were picking it up Saturday. Even though it was my idea, I can't believe that I'm 25 and have a mini van. I feel way too young. But it's really nice and I'm excited. It's an 08 with 21k miles, which means it still has a warranty. Yeah! When it's freezing cold I'll be able to shut the doors as I buckle the kids in. So now we're one of "those" families. The ones with the mini vans.
7 comments:
That's sweet. William never wants a minivan but I think it's inevitable.
Q- how is it possible that your car has no miles?
A- ok literally there are miles on the car. But the things that break on the car aren't from the miles. My grandma had the car for 5 or so yrs and she didn't even put 20 thousand miles on it. Things break all the time because it's 10 yrs old, but it's frustrating and unpredictable because it has the miles of a 3 yr old car.
I was telling a friend about how I don't feel old enough to be driving a van. She said she's gonna shell out the money for gas and buy a huge SUV so she won't have to drive a van. I thought that was funny. But I think it is inevitable for most people who plan on having more than 2 kids.
love it! its always so exciting to be in a new car. i still like being in my car...and it's not really new anymore!
It's always fun to get new things, like a car...not that I have bought a new car, but I've been in one. They're so nice and clean! It's lovely.
I'm excited for you! This may be nerdy of me to say, but it seems like you guys are really grown up if you've got a van! It would be SO nice to have that much space...I'll keep on dreaming. :)
How exciting! It's fun to have a new car!
How fun! I don't think you're seem old enough for a minivan either, but I'm sure you'll love it! You will have so much fun with all that room~
Post a Comment