Saturday, January 24, 2009

UNO Hockey

One of Drew's friends has a cousin who plays on the UNO (University of Nebraska Omaha) hockey team. I guess each player gets so many tickets to every home game. So Eric (Drew's friend) got his cousin to scrounge up some other tickets so that a group of us could go. It was a good time. This was my first hockey game ever. I have to be honest, I have no idea what the rules are for hockey. I just know that you want to get the puck in the net. Drew's a big hockey fan. He had a list of things that I needed to see to make it a "real" game. There was a fight where a bunch of players got taken out, so he was happy. The game went into over time and then there was a shoot out. UNO beat Miami-Ohio, even though I don't think they should have. It was fun, Molly and Gabe would have liked it, too bad it started 5 min after Gabe's bedtime. Drew has another friend, Sarah, who has been asking to watch our kids for a while now. Gabe loved her at the Thanksgiving party. Gabe's such a flirt. I was happy to hear that they were good for her, and that Molly was really helpful. It's nice getting to go out without them on occasion, but it's so strange. I have an urge to call home all the time and check on them. I'm so used to having one if not both hanging off me all the time.

1 comment:

Katy Wilson said...

i have heard that hockey is the best sport to watch live...
i've never been...but my sister has and she LOVED it...