Thursday, January 15, 2009

growing

Gabe turned 9 months yesterday. It's hard to believe that he's been out as long as he was in. He's getting so big and fast. Most of my day is filled with watching Molly trying to run away from him/protect her toys. She isn't turning out to be the best sharer. Gabe likes to corner her, he thinks it's a great game. Molly on the other hand isn't impressed. It's defiantly different having two very mobile kids. Luckily Gabe isn't as persistent as Molly is when it comes to getting into things.

Molly has also had a growth spurt. All of the sudden she can unlock the back door, get out of the pack and play, open our closets, and see what's in drawers. I'm having trouble keeping up. Last week she decided that she didn't want to nap. She'd have fun trashing the bedroom, scattering toys and cloths all over the room. Not cute at all. So I set the pack and play up again. I told her if she got out of bed I'd put her in the pack and play. So she did and I did. Then 10 min later she comes strolling into the living room with a big smile grabbed a toy and started playing. She's trouble. After repeatedly putting her back in it today she didn't try to get out. I've thought about putting her in Gabe's crib, but she'd probably hurt herself when she tried to get out of it. On the other hand if she did get hurt maybe she wouldn't try it again... what to do, what to do.

3 comments:

Katy Wilson said...

maybe you can come up with some sort of 'topper' for the pack and play so she can't get out...
is gabe crawling? the other lady in my office brings her baby to work every day and she will be 10 months this month and she can't crawl yet. i was just wondering if he could.

Sean & Julia Johnson.... said...

what I have to look forward to, huh?! :) I have to say... that picture of Gabe on the sidebar from Christmas is soooo adorable!!!

Wilkerson Family said...

Gabe is doing a sophisticated army crawl. He likes to use his hands elbows and knees. It's really cute, he isn't coordinated at all. But he's fast. He reminds me of an inch worm.