Sunday, September 16, 2012

poor baby

Lincoln's molars have been swollen for a long time now.  Maybe a month?  He has been drooling and his nose has been running off and on.  I assumed it was part of getting teeth.  Saturday morning he woke up breathing really bad.  You could see his ribs and he sounded terrible.  We hooked up the nebulizer gave him a treatment and then waited.  Why do we always get sick on the weekends?  After waiting for an improvement and not seeing one we called the doctor.  The kids doctor is open until 1 on Saturday the nurse we talked to said she could have us come in, but we would be referred to the children's hospital so she recommended that we skip the middle step and take him to Kosair.    Friday I had told Drew I wanted to get out of the house Saturday.  When I said that I was thinking more along the lines of going to Hobby Lobby and Target not sitting at the hospital, but ya know.  When we got there the triage nurse checked his oxygen levels.  Lincoln was at 98%.  I thought great they'll probably think I'm crazy and send us home.  Lincoln got another breathing treatment...didn't help.  Two people said they heard wheezing when they listened to him.  Two other people said they didn't hear anything.  Then another doctor came in and said she heard a crackle and ordered an x-ray.  After spending the day at the hospital Lincoln was diagnosed with pneumonia.  We were given an antibiotic and sent home.  The whole time he's been acting like his usual happy self.  I'm hoping this isn't the start of permanent breathing problems.  :( boo.   

No comments: