Drew's cousin, Michelle, got married on the 22nd. I've been looking forward to her wedding for a long time. I was really disappointed that I wasn't able to go. I still wanted Drew to be able to go. He told me he was going to take all the kids. I asked if he was going to take Lincoln and his response was "why wouldn't I take Lincoln?". Drew pulled Molly out of school after lunch on Friday and then the 4 of them headed off to Chicago. I asked Drew what I was supposed to do all by myself and all he said was not to have the baby. There is something nice about being home alone and sad. Since this kind of thing never happens I decided to take advantage and work on some projects I've been wanting to do. I made this earring holder.
Saturday morning I slept in and then went shopping. I went to Hobby Lobby, Ross, Kohl's, and my favorite thrift store. At Hobby Lobby I got the stuff to make this necklace for Molly. It's glass tile. On the front is an M and on the back is scrap booking paper. I think it's cute.
{While we were in Nebraska in July we went to the haymarket's farmers market. Something I really miss. There was a booth with people selling glass tile jewelry. Their's was beautiful. Mine is a cheap knock off. I should have bought a necklace... Hopefully they'll have a booth next summer, then I'll be better prepared.}
At Kohl's I bought an outfit to bring the baby home in and at the thrift store I got a Hawaiian shirt. I cut it up and turned it into a scarf for the Luau murder mystery dinner I went to last night. So fun. It was a nice weekend, but I'm excited for my family to come home.
1 comment:
Jenny I was so sad to have missed you when you came to visit! We were out in Utah all summer. And your sweet dad told me last Sunday that that was his last Sunday in our ward. I'm happy he found a great place, but bummed its not in our ward. And Simon is so adorable! Congrats!!! Miss you and your cute family!
Post a Comment