Thursday, January 13, 2011

Question

Has anyone ever tried to hem jeans like this before? Sadly my one pair of maternity jeans (that fit through the last trimester) got stained :(. I'm still a little bitter so I won't share the story. I hate having to spend money on maternity clothes when I only have 2 months left. Oh well. Anyway the new ones I found are way too long. I need to hem them, but I'm nervous about ruining them...

I have a bunch of pictures and different things from Christmas break that keep meaning to blog about, but I keep getting sucked into crafting blogs. I saw the cutest canvases that someone made for their nursery a few months ago. Now that I'm ready for a project like that I can't find the blog it came from. The problem with crafting blogs is that you start at one which leads to another and then to another. By the end my night is gone and I've found all kinds of things that I wasn't initially looking for like how to hem jeans or another cute headband tutorial. I did see this post on House of Smiths that I thought was amazing. I don't know who this woman is, but I've decided that I need to befriend her and then have her come and decorate my house. Or I could kidnap her :)... but really who has a laundry room that looks like that?

6 comments:

Heidi said...

I have not hemmed jeans that way before. It looks a lot better than the hemming I've done on jeans before. Good luck!

Jason and Jessica Bills said...

I have not done any hemming before, but I just saw a tutorial that I think that would be worth a try since you don't cut the jeans. The tutorial is http://www.crapivemade.com/2011/01/how-to-hem-jeans-part-2.html

Tarver Family said...

hem it longer than planned (unless you don't have room) or practice on a pair you don't need anymore... I have no help for you either sorry!

Tell me more about that canvas you were wanting.. like what was on it.. I also craft surf so I might not what you are talking about :)

Katy Wilson said...

I know how you feel about getting sucked into crafting blogs! I evetually started bookmarking things on my computer into a file called 'crafty' or whatever so I could easily find it...

Courtney said...

I've not hemmed like that before either- I would say practice first. I never can seem to get the hem to look professional.
Motherhood Maternity has petites.

Suzanne said...

Okay first of all I totally identify...craft blogs... And second I just ripped part of the panel on my only maternity jeans that fit the whole time, I guess I pulled them up one too many times in that spot. But mine are still wearable. I say go for hemming! I have total confidence in your abilities. You are really talented! Oh and I love that blog you sited...who's pantry looks that organized and adorable?