Sunday, January 23, 2011

Big Girl

Molly is in Primary now. Last week she volunteered to give the opening prayer. She got a little bracelet reminder that she wore all day Sunday and Monday. She talked about it throughout the week. Today was the day. I was so proud of her. She even spoke at an audible level. Sometimes I forget how shy Molly is. It's fun watching her grow up.

After church while Gabe was napping Molly and Drew played with the train. Notice her dress. I found it at Target for $5. You can't beat Christmas clearance. I also found two matching boy suits for $6.74 each. They're so cute. They have gray pants, white shirts, snowman ties and black corduroy coats. I'm a little nerdy. I'm excited about dressing my boys alike. Not all the time, but definitely sometimes. The baby's outfit will be a little big 12 months was the smallest size I could find. Gabe's should fit him perfect, hopefully.



(I hemmed my pants! I did it on a day that Drew wasn't home so I decided to use the Crap I've Made blog. Thanks Jess. I didn't trust myself to cut them measuring by myself. I'd still like to try hemming them the other way, but maybe I'll try it on a different pair of pants first. But I think they look good.)

(Marcia- The canvases that I was looking for were really simple. The girl made a bunch of simple stencils ex. plane, car, train etc. So there was a different shape on each canvas and then I think she attached them all and mounted them to the wall? It was really cute and I remember thinking that it looked easy, but I don't know where I saw it. )

5 comments:

Jason and Jessica Bills said...

When you were describing the canvases it reminded me of the ones that I did in Emerson's room. http://jessicabills.blogspot.com/2010/08/big-boy-room.html

I did mine, but then I remember seeing someone else did something like it after. I will try to find the other place that I saw it.

Jason and Jessica Bills said...

I found the one that I was thinking of here: http://www.makeit-loveit.com/2010/09/decorate-my-home-part-24-painted.html

Wilkerson Family said...

Jess you found it! And yours looks even better. Thanks! Did you put vinyl on your canvases?

Samantha said...

CUTE dress. I saw that at Target.
The suit you described?! Yeah I had my eye on that for months at Target, waiting for it to go on sale, and I wanted it for Clive's Christmas outfit so I bought it full price, like 25$$!! I should really buy a year ahead of time like that but I never know what size to buy and all of that. That's the cutest suit.

Jason and Jessica Bills said...

Mine is vinyl. I did the vinyl and then modge podged it on. It was so easy. I was wanting to use the vinyl as a stencil and paint it, but since the canvas is textured, it just didn't come very clean. So I changed to just vinyl and I really liked how that turned out.