Saturday, January 8, 2011

Tangled, Christopher Nolan and a little more...

Today was the last day of Drew's Winter break. We decided to take the kids to a movie. This was a first for Molly and Gabe. So fun. We took them to Tangled. It was priceless looking over at their faces throughout the movie. On occasion Molly would gasp and ask if I saw that. Gabe surprised me and sat through the whole thing. (Gabe isn't as into movies as Molly) It was a nice day out. We came home loaded up on candy talking about beautiful long hair.



Drew told me the only thing he wanted for Christmas was Inception on Bluray. (He saw it with a friend when it was in theaters.) I didn't disappoint. So Drew and I spent Christmas night watching it. I suppose everyone judges movies differently, but if I'm still thinking about a movie days later or dreaming about it then I know it was a good movie. I did feel sad after watching it and not only because the ending was sad. Sometimes after watching a really well made movie or reading a great book I feel very unoriginal and unimaginative. Christopher Nolan is amazing and that's all I have to say about that.

Drew did have a whole month off of work so we rented a few movies that deserve some kind of mention and a couple that don't. We rented Knight and Day. I thought it was enjoyable. "Nobody follow us or I'll shoot myself and then her". We also rented "The Other Guys". This movie was dumb really dumb, but I did laugh out loud a few times. The first 10 minutes or so with Dwayne Johnson and Samuel Jackson was really funny. Whenever something goes wrong and ask why Drew likes to respond with "I'd credit it to poor life choices". It's more funny when Drew says it to someone else who has no idea what he's talking about...

1 comment:

Becky said...

What? dumb? you're just hurt because the movie industry is way irresponsible in their depiction of people walking away from blasts.