Tuesday, July 27, 2010

ewww

I like making things with Molly and Gabe. We have different projects or outings almost everyday. On days that I don't plan anything they run around tearing our apartment apart and driving me crazy. One of the things that we've made a couple times is homemade gak. I store it in a Ziploc and every time we pull it out we need to add more starch, or it looks like this.
Gabe is never a fan of gak, but he's always insistent on playing with it for a couple of minutes before returning to play dough. We've also made our own play dough. I LOVE homemade play dough. We still have some that we made in December and it hasn't dried out. Fantastic.

A few weeks ago I watched my dear friend Becky's kids. Here is Gabe holding her little guy. I think it's funny in this picture that her baby doesn't look that much smaller than Gabe. (Her baby is only 2 months) I thought this was a sweet picture and since Gabe has been a bit of a monster recently I decided to include it. 3 of Gabe's "i" teeth just broke the surface and he has a strep rash. All of this makes for one crabby toddler and one frustrated mama.
When I have to get the laundry folded water always keeps them busy. Our patio is shaded until 12:30ish in the summer and we like to take advantage of it.

3 comments:

Michelle said...

I'm so sad that you guys will already be gone by the time I get back from my trip! Sad! You are so creative and always getting out and doing fun things with your kids. I really admire that about you. Love the pic of Iver and Gabe!

Sean & Julia Johnson.... said...

you are such a fun mom! I wish we were near you guys so I could enjoy your little projects! & Molly is one gorgeous girl!!!

Suzanne said...

Love the pictures of Gabe and Molly swimming and of course the one of Gabe and Iver! How cute! So sad you are almost gone, and I'm just now getting into town. I will see you soon though!