The front. The small tree to the left is a flowering one. It should be pretty in the spring.
You walk into the living room. The two windows on the right are bedrooms. Across the hall from those two bedrooms is the master bedroom, the bathroom, and the stairs going into the basement.
The back of the house. The white part is an addition to the master bathroom.
The house has a nice size deck. Someday we'll have to get some patio furniture.
(For this picture I was standing next to the garage. There is a decent amount of space behind the garage that I think I'll turn into a garden next spring. There is also a big tree at the back corner of the garage that shades the yard nicely.)
The living room.
All of the appliances will be staying, I'd like to slowly start replacing them, but for right now it's really nice not having to buy all new ones. The stove is gas which I'm happy about.
Once we sign all the papers at closing all the wall paper in the kitchen will be coming down.
This is the smallest bedroom and the only one that doesn't have white walls. I think it would make a cute little girls room (the carpet is a dusty rose color). But I'm not sure that Molly and Gabe are ready to have separate rooms. They are so nosey. Drew was thinking that it could be a computer room, but I'd kind of like the computer in the basement...
We have a finished basement with a wood burning stove. There is a big open area. We'll use a section of it as a family room and then another section will be a toy area. There is also a bonus room (the window isn't big enough for it to be a legal bedroom). I'd like to use that room as a computer/craft room. I think it would eventually be nice to put a bed in there for when people come to visit.
I'm really excited about painting and decorating. I have lots of plans in my head, hopefully Drew will go along with some of them. :)
My grandma lives in Louisville (about 3 miles away from this house). While we were looking at houses we stayed with her. I had asked her if we could store our stuff in her garage while we waited until we could close. She said that we could live with her for those few weeks if we needed to. While that wouldn't be ideal I felt good about it. It turns out that the man we are buying our house from has 2 other mortgages so even though he's taking a loss on this house by accepting our offer he was happy to sell it and is also happy to rent it to us mid August until we close in September. What a blessing. It helps having connections. My 2nd cousin was our Realtor, he found the house for us. Drew's uncle's business partner did our mortgage for us and got us a great deal. I'm sad about leaving Lincoln, but I'm excited to start this next phase of life. It'll be nice not being students anymore.
5 comments:
So happy for you and SO jealous! What an adorable house. I just showed Tom and he's hoping you'll want to have visitors this fall...that is, if we get a job. :) Keep us updated!
Sweeeet. So jealous. You have to post and tell us what it's like to have a life. What do you at night. what about the weekends? So jealous.
Julie- you're welcome anytime!
Aaron- haha...
Congratulations! That is great! You can easily change out the window downstairs to make it a legal bedroom- we did that even though it was our guest/computer/craft room.
Way to go you guys! Have fun raking all those leaves in the fall.
That's so great that you got a house and everything worked out so well! I'm sure you'll have it all done up so cute!
Post a Comment