Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Digressing and yet progressing

I know that it's common for older siblings to be jealous when a new baby is brought home. Luckily we never had this problem with Molly. I think that she was too young to be jealous of Gabe. They've always been pals.

Molly hasn't started treating Gabe any differently, but in the past week she's been acting different. She's moving backwards. She wants to be carried all the time. The second I put Gabe down she wants up. Mind you Drew and I don't have little light weight kids. She's very interested and sometimes upset when Gabe gets a bottle. I knew it wasn't really the bottle, shes never been too interested in bottles. So, I handed her Gabe's. She examined it for a minute and then gave it back. Since then, bottles haven't been a big issue. She never really liked the bumbo. Now she walks around with it and likes to sit in it. She also likes to lay on the floor and play with tummy toys. She enjoys a good rattle. All of this is getting a little frustrating. I'm sure it's normal, but frustrating non the less. I'm hoping that once her cold clears up that some of this will stop as well.

Molly does have her heart warming moments as well. We've been working on singing the songs they sing in nursery. Molly's favorite song switches day to day. Her first favorite was Ring around the Rosies. She sings "ring round ring round ring round" or "ashes ashes ashes"until Drew or I join in. Once we start singing she starts spinning and falling down occasionally. It's very cute. In nursery when the kids are on the ground they sing a song about cows sleeping and thunder? I had never heard this one before, but we sing it. Molly thinking banging on the ground simulating the thunder is one of the greatest things ever. She likes singing the Popcorn Popping song. That one contains her favorite action. Making her hands into glasses. It's really funny watching that one. She does the rain action to The Wise Man and The Foolish Man. It's so sweet watching her as she makes all kinds of new connections. Now I wish that she would demonstrate what we do at home in nursery. I guess everything happens with time...

1 comment:

Sean & Julia Johnson.... said...

its so insane how fast time goes by!! & how fast kids grow up!! Your kids are so adorable :)