Wednesday, October 22, 2008

carrots anyone?

Drew and I decided before Molly was born that we'd make our own baby food. I think it's cheaper and we know exactly what's in it. I was excited to introduce some new food to Gabe. It's always been fun introducing Molly to new foods. Gabe on the other hand isn't as excited when something unfamiliar enters his mouth.







Here he is eating carrots for the first time. He kept sticking his tongue out, making a nice little mess.








While I was distracted feeding Gabe I gave Molly some play dough. I wanted her contained and not trying to get a taste of Gabe's food. This is not what I was expecting to find. She figured out how to get water to leak out of her "no leak" cup. Who wants dry play dough when they can have a pond of it? She then decided that it would make great eye shadow. Very cute. I haven't washed her shirt yet. I'm hoping it comes out... I have my doubts.





Here she is again with her blue stained face.... Molly Molly Molly is all I can say.









Gabe went in for his 6 month check up today. He's 26 1/2 inches and 18lbs 10oz. That's the 75th percentile. He isn't so little anymore.
I don't put much stock in scales. But, I was pretty excited when I weighed myself yesterday. I've lost all but 5 lbs of the baby weight. I'm nursing, but other than that I haven't really done anything. Although I do think lugging both kids around all day is like weight training...



I know this isn't a good picture, but I think it's cute none the less.









Gabe and Molly love each other so much. Gabe lights up when she's around. She's a little mom and is always aware of where he is and what he's doing. Very sweet. Their personalities are very different, but they get along better than I had hoped for. I love this picture. I think Molly looks a little nervous. Gabe's a hair puller and she knows better than to have her head so close.

3 comments:

Sean & Julia Johnson.... said...

thats awesome that you make your own food, I've often thought I would do the same. That last picture is really cute :)

Samantha said...

That's so sweet they get along like that! How cute!

Babies seem to be able to make trouble out of anything they see, like with the playdough.

I used to make Zara food and we would do rough calculations and it does save you money- I'd freeze it too. Great idea and yeah, it feels good to know exactly where it came from. It's pretty easy too if you do a bunch at once.

Well, you are another person I can add to my list of people to be jealous of. I'm still 10 pounds over my pre-pregnancy weight (give or take), and I only had one baby; you had two, and are only 5 pounds over. Whatever Jenny. Whatever.

Julie said...

Cute update! I love the last picture.