Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Molly's dresser

After cleaning the dresser I primed it.  It was amazing what a difference priming made.
 Then spray paint.  I wanted a bright turquoise.  This is valspar's exotic sea.  I bought 3 cans.  When I stared the third can it was the wrong color.  I kinda wanted to cry.  It was about 4 or 5 shades too dark.  A few days later and another trip to Lowe's the painting was complete.  Although I still think the replacement can was slightly darker.  :(  My original cans were regular spray paint.  When I returned the third can they only had paint+primer....
The completed project.  
(doesn't look so bright in the basement light)
 Since I got to pick the color of the dresser it seemed only fair that Molly got to pick the pulls.
She picked a fancy clock one for the middle.  I think she picked it because it says Paris.  We know all about Paris and how fancy it is because of Fancy Nancy :)
 Clear crystal looking ones for the drawers.
 The inside drawers of the dresser are hot pink.  It adds a little surprise and character.
Yay for having a fancy new dresser.  The best part was that the whole thing cost maybe $30 with the spray paint and drawer pulls.  Can't beat that.  And this dresser should last a long time.  It's solid wood and the drawers are dovetailed.  I love free and it's even better when it's quality.

No comments: