Saturday, April 14, 2012

Gabe's Birthday Weekend

Holy Pictures!
Suzie likes to give the kids one big birthday present since all their birthdays are only a few weeks apart.  She came to visit for the kids spring break which also happened to be Gabe's birthday.  She brought this bad boy with her.
 We (by we I mean mainly Suzie and Drew) stayed up late Thursday night putting it together. Friday afternoon a bunch of Gabe's friends came over for a kid party.  It was mainly managed chaos.  Lincoln had Rosiola this week and then I got sick Thursday.  Friday I felt like I wanted to die (hence the lack of pictures :( ) so instead of structured, organized games it was mainly 6 rowdy boys playing in the backyard.  Not my plan, but I think they had a good time getting sweaty and dirty.  
Gabe picked strawberry shortcake for his party cake.  yum.  One of our guests has a strawberry allergy so the berries went on after the candles. I accidentally bought relighting candles.  I wasn't sure how Gabe would react to that, luckily he thought it was funny and just kept blowing them out instead of getting frustrated.  It really could have gone either way.

On to Gabe's actual birthday. 
 Gabe is a big star wars fan.  He wanted Yoda.  We found a little action figure and then I also found this slightly scary stuffed one.
Gabe also really wanted a "big" bike.  He finally started pedaling about a month ago.  whoop whoop for finally actually wanting to ride.
 Gabe was really excited about this spider man candle.
 After cake we were off to the Bats game.




 Suzie was with us, but always refuses to be in pictures...  This was the best I got.
Happy Birthday Gabe.  We love you!

No comments: