I decided on Friday that it would be fun to color coordinate Easter Sunday. So I ran out and got Molly's dress and found a yellow shirt for me. How hard should it be to find yellow fabric that I like to make ties for Gabe and Lincoln? I could rant about how much I hate the Hancock Fabrics conveniently located only a couple minutes away. grumble. grumble. Saturday afternoon I found a simple yellow fabric not covered in flowers that I liked at Hobby Lobby. I also found a yellow tie I liked for a few bucks at the TJMaxx next door for Drew. Yay! The ties should have been a pretty fast project, but I started really late so it took me a lot longer than it should have. In a tired stupor I had to check the tutorial every step to make sure I wasn't forgetting anything. blah. I'm not meant to work on project in the wee hours of the morning my mind shuts off.
I was overjoyed Sunday morning when the ties fit and were the right length. After church I was so tired Drew said we should take a family picture. me: you're right we should later. Drew (the realist): it's now or never. If we go inside we'll start lunch, food will get all over them and if the boys get out of their white shirts they won't be going back on. True. True.
setting up the tripod.
love Lincoln's face in the background
the kids all had great faces in this one
and a keeper. everyone (cough cough LINCOLN) looking at the camera
church clothes came off painting shirts went on. while Lincoln napped we dyed eggs.
we have a big fabric frisbee we were playing with yesterday. Molly threw it to Gabe and Gabe caught it with his eye :( Poor kid. Christmas picture he had pink eye. Easter picture he has a black eye. What will our next picture holiday hold?
Later friends came over for dinner and had an egg hunt with us.
happy Easter!
1 comment:
wow! Your family belongs in a magazine!
Post a Comment