Monday, August 29, 2011

My chicks

have flown the coop...
Today was the first day of preschool.
(No uniforms. I made a slightly humiliating mistake. Which I can't really share on our public blog... I feel bad about sending my mother in law on a wild goose chase. Sorry Suzie!)
Molly and Gabe about a half hour or so before the bus came.

Gabe likes to mimic Drew. He told me "I goin for a run" as we waited for the bus.

They did so well. No tears just excitement. I met Molly and Gabe at school. I wanted to make sure all of their papers got to the right people. I also had a few questions. And of course I wanted to check on them and make sure the bus ride had gone well. Watching them lining up and following all of their teachers directions made me really proud of them. They'd just randomly look at me, give me a big smile and a little wave. They're so big.

I was asked if I was nervous for them. And I really wasn't. I knew that they were ready and they would be fine, but I was really sad. I've spent almost everyday of their lives with them. Now 4 days a week they'll be gone more than they're home. :( But they loved it. They're excited to go back tomorrow. The first things that Gabe told me "I don't have a slide. but I have balls. Lots and lots. I have lots of new friends." I asked how many new friends? He threw his arms in the air and said very proud "TWO!" Love it. Molly started crying as we walked inside. She said she sat by Madison on the bus and Madison took her water bottle. Hopefully we aren't starting any drama yet. They're too little.

1 comment:

Lisa and Dan said...

Wow. I'm not excited for when that day comes. Luckily it's a couple years away. They looked really cute for their first day (: