Friday, August 12, 2011

summer is ending...

Monday Drew starts teaching again. (even though we haven't really seen him the past 2 weeks... lots of meeting/trainings/prep etc LAME) Then in a couple weeks Molly and Gabe start pre-school! Everyday Molly talks about how excited she is. She keeps telling me that she's going to be so brave just like her friends Jimmy and Olivia. Gabe is excited too, but I think it's mainly because Molly is bursting and he gets to go too. I have mixed emotions. I guess it's because I'm their mom and am always with them, but mainly I just hope that the other kids are nice to them. I also hope that they talk to the other kids. :)

The pros
*Drew can see their school from his office window.
*Molly and Gabe are super excited about taking the bus. (only pre-k kids on their bus and maybe a 2 mile bus ride)
*Molly and Gabe will be able to make friends. (no little kids on our street)
*They will be in the same class which I think will make for a nice transition.
*It's a uniform school, but not a very strict one. They can wear any solid color polo. Yay for being able to wear pink! Although Molly is so excited I think she'd wear anything.
The Cons
*Buying the kids with endless amounts of clothes: more clothes.
*Only closed toed shoes and no crocs. What is Gabe going to wear? :)
*Khaki pants, but no corduroy (love cords)
*Lastly they will be gone M-Th ALL DAY. They start just after 9:30 and get out at 4:15.

I won't have any excuses for falling behind on housework. I'm looking forward to this milestone. I know that Molly and Gabe will love it. It will also give me lots of quality time with Mr Lincoln, who started rolling from his back to his tummy today. We're growing up fast in the Wilkerson home.

1 comment:

Samantha said...

That is the longest preschool I have ever heard of!