Our tulips

This is our neighbor Sarah's tree. It's beautiful. Its had flowers for about a week now.

This is our tree... I guess it's a late bloomer?
********************************
now on to the kitchen
The kitchen before. (I'd like to draw your attention to the lovely apple wallpaper and the very pink window sill. I wish I would have gotten a better before picture :()

I've been telling Drew that we should paint the kitchen for a while. Drew kept telling me it wasn't that bad. But trust me it really was. Then one day Drew told me that if I really wanted it painted I should just start taking down the wall paper. A few weeks after that conversation that's just what I did. Thankfully the kitchen wallpaper came down so much easier than the wallpaper in Lincoln's room.
Drew hard at work

ta da.

My mother in law here last week. While she was here we made a trip to Hobby Lobby. I said something about wanting a plate rack and about how Drew thought they were silly. Suzie bought me this plate rack. Then I found these blue plates. I love it.

I was out this morning at an appointment with all 3 kids
alone. I thought since we were already out and really close to Target we should stop. While I was browsing the clearance end caps I found this yellow table cloth. I love how bright it is. I'm not sure if I'll use it as a table cloth or if I'll cut it up and use the fabric for something else. Either way it was cheaper than buying a yard of fabric from the fabric store. Score. I also found two of these pillows. L0Ve TaRgEt.

Now that most of the rooms in our house are painted I'm excited to start decorating them.
3 comments:
LOVE the new kitchen. Amazing what a can of paint can do!
I love the way you said that you started painting the kitchen but then the picture is of Drew painting the kitchen. That's how things work around here, too. Shhh, don't tell Becky I said that.
Ha. I start the projects (taking down some wall paper) and Drew finishes the projects (he did all the painting). But in my defense Drew is really picky. I don't know if he'd admit it, but when I try to help he usually nicely tells me to leave. He is and likes to be a one man show.
Post a Comment