Our new table arrived last week and it's beautiful. This is what our new dining area looks like. (If you've never been to our apartment before our table used to be in front of the breakfast bar. Under the pictures was the kids play area with their little toy kitchen and table). I was a little hesitant taking all the toys out of the general living area. I feel like the kids bedroom is so far away. But after having the apartment like this for a week I don't think the toys will ever be in our living room again. I love having the "mess" in their room. I'm also realizing that it's out of sight out of mind. Molly and Gabe will bring out various toys throughout the day, but I think I could get rid of most of their toys and they'd never know... I also love having chairs at the breakfast bar, this has become our new coloring/crafting area. Molly and Gabe also like perching there when Drew or I are doing dishes.

Maybe someday we'll have a place big enough to have all 8 chairs around the table, but for now I'm liking this set up.
There is one draw back to having a tall table. Yesterday I pulled out my sewing machine to fix one of Molly's skirts. It's a little hard to sew when your feet can't touch the floor...
2 comments:
Congrats on the new table! I looked and looked to find something I really loved, but alas I just ended up refurbishing a used one.
I would love to have a bar. Then my girls could do projects without Ben.
love the table!! When are you going to invite us over to break it in? :)
Post a Comment