Sunday, November 1, 2009

Halloween Week

October was fun, but I'm so happy it's over. Our primary program was October 25th. A week or so before I couldn't sleep. I kept waking up in a panic thinking did ___ get their part? Remember to bring ___. ___ shouldn't be sitting by ___. We need to change ___ and ___. It was way more stressful than it should have been. A huge weight was lifted as I left Church at 11:30. Having said that, the program went really well. A couple people (who didn't even have kids/relatives in it) even said it was the best one they'd ever seen. We also ended right on time for the second year in a row. Big thumbs up on that one.

Monday (10/26) I was planning on taking the kids to Boo at the Zoo, but we had some plans for Wednesday night fall through. I decided that we'd stay home. It was a nice break. Monday is one of Drew's late days, it was nice not having to get the kids ready by myself. Tuesday I woke up and felt like my face was going to explode. I've never had that much sinus pressure come that fast before. Gross. But Halloween only comes once a year so I sucked it up and we went about our plans .

Tuesday we went to Martin's Hillside Orchard with our music maker friends.
We went on a hayride.

We played in a small corn maze.
Which way?
Wednesday night we went to Boo at the Zoo. The kids loved it. They were in awe of all the lights and costumes. Molly was thrilled that she got to wear her wings. She kept telling me "I the bee's knees too". It was great watching them as they absorbed every moment.





The firetruck came to Boo at the Museum Thursday night. The first month of music makers we sang a fire truck song. It's still the kids favorite. I hear Gabe walking around the house dinging all the time. The truck being right outside was a big treat.

Look at those happy faces...

Friday night was our Halloween Party/chili cook off at church. Drew entered, but didn't win. He's sure that it was fixed. :) I was in charge of a touching booth. (you know, you have the kids touch some food item and you tell them it's something gross like brains or eyeballs) The look on all the kids faces were priceless, some of them jumped. Who would have guessed touching things from my fridge with your eyes shut could be so terrifying :) I wish I could have captured those moments...
Our trick or treating group. We didn't get any great ones of the kids going door to door, but they LOVED it. Gabe loved the houses that were decked out. He didn't want to leave them. Molly on the other hand would tell me "it's too scary mom les go". In the end they loved it and slept great! It was funny watching Molly go from running to each house to jogging then walking and then begging to be held. It was a busy week, but I decided from the beginning that if I was going to make their costumes that they were going to wear them as much as possible. And that they did.

5 comments:

Katy Wilson said...

Cutie!!! I love Halloween!! I should tell you I have been reading your blog...I just have been a sucky commenter...

Sometime you guys should come to Nauvoo for Halloween! That would be fun and it's not too bad of a drive from Nebraska...

Sean & Julia Johnson.... said...

Molly looks adorable!!! & glad to hear the program is over & went well!

Michelle said...

Wow! You guys did have a busy week! And the primary program was so great!

Heidi said...

So glad you went to Martin's...I miss going there

Julie said...

You made the costumes?! They were awesome!! I love them. Did you sew Molly's?

You look like you had such a fun Halloween--I'm totally jealous of all you were able to do.

Seriously--I do want to see you guys sometime this winter/spring if that is possible. We miss you all and it definitely sounds like your kids are growing up so fast! We'll have to talk when we get back. Do you have any plans?

And one last thing...I noticed you have Seriously So Blessed on your blog list...I adore that blog. Hits pretty close to life in Rexburg, eh? :)