Molly L.O.V.E.S. to help me cook because of this something that should take about 20 minutes turns into an hour. Sometimes it's a little frustrating, but it's something that we can do together while Gabe naps. I try to make it a sensory activity for her. Anyway the chicken is supposed to marinade 6+ hours. I started getting the stuff out to make the teriyaki sauce. The second Molly realized what I was doing she started yelling "ME HELP. HELP. ME HELP. PLEASE." "yes Molly go and get the stool" (usually the step stool is in her bathroom) She runs down the hall and comes back sobbing. After a few seconds I remember she was using it as a table for the tea party she and Gabe were having earlier. The stool was in the bedroom. So I quietly go into the kids room to retrieve the stool. The room stunk... Gabe takes a 3 hour morning nap he was only 1 hour in so I couldn't ignore it. I gave Molly the stool measured out the cornstarch and water; handed her the whisk. I told her I'd be right back. This is what I found when I returned.
5 months ago
5 comments:
I looked on that website for that recipe...and couldn't find it. You should post it cause they sound delicious to me!
I love it when they help in the Kitchen. Afton always starts nibbling when she thinks I'm not watching and it is so funny to see her reaction sometime, when she eats things like cornstarch or onion.
mmmm, teriiyaki tacos. You should teach Becky how to make those :-)
I love this story. I know Eden is much younger, but I'm still already thinking a lot about the messes she makes. You are a great mom for letting her help! I hope to be more easy going like you.
Keep in touch with us this summer...I'm not sure what yours is looking like right now, but we would love to see you guys at some point if it is possible!!
I am definitely not as brave or adventurous with letting Zara help us cook- it's usually totally supervised or pretend cooking, but she would love it if I let her do stuff like that. We live in a pretty small apartment and I am amazed at how much time I have to spend every day cleaning and it still looks like a mess most of the time.
Post a Comment