Sunday, August 17, 2008

Week in review

I feel like it's been forever since I've blogged. So here is a random update about the past week. We've been in Chicago. I know, it's the second time in a month. We got back on Friday. We had a good trip and a lot of fun.

Last Sunday 8/10 we blessed Gabe in the Orland Park ward. It was so nice that so many family and friends we able to be there. We planned for that Sunday because Beth (my sister), Kurt (my brother in law), and Ethan (my nephew) were going to be in town. It was the first time that we've seen them since Ethan was born last year. It was fun watching Molly and Ethan play. Molly is very territorial. Since we spent so much time at my parents house last month she wasn't always the nicest sharer with Ethan, but they had a good time.

We went downtown and did all the touristy things ie. millennium park, navy pier, the beach, magnificent mile. Molly love love loves the water. She didn't want to leave the beach and she had a lot of fun in the splash area at millennium park. She also loved the bean. We pushed the stroller right next to it so that she could admire herself. We put Gabe's feet in the water, he smiled, but wasn't that impressed.

We went to Brookfield zoo. Molly loved all the kittys (every animal that she sees is kitty). She liked the petting zoo and the play zoo. She dressed up like a bird and walked all over carrying an egg. Gabe slept through most of the zoo.

We took family pictures with Drew's family. Gabe never sticks his tongue out, but in one of the pictures he looks like Gene Simmons. It was really funny. Molly being true to self didn't really smile. My favorite picture was one with Suzie (Drew's mom) and all the grand kids. No one was looking at the camera and Molly was trying to crawl away.

We took advantage of having a babysitter. Drew and I went and saw The Dark Knight. I thought that Heath Ledger did a great job. I was a little disappointed with Aaron Eckhart. I loved Aaron Eckhart in Thank you For Smoking, I was hoping to see a little more of that character. I also thought that they were setting it up for him to be in the third movie, so I thought they rushed his part. All in all it was a good movie. I think I let it get built up too much before I saw it. But what a great opening scene.

2 comments:

Katy Wilson said...

tell me that is not ben with the freakishly long hair in a couple of those picture...please say it's not him!

Wilkerson Family said...

I wish I could, but I can't. He has the longest hair in the family by far. He keeps telling me that he's going to get it cut. I'll believe that when I see it.