For anyone wondering, Drew's started school. Last week was orientation. On Thursday, being true to tradition, the math chairperson had all the first years over for dinner. It's nice getting to put faces with the names I've been hearing. It was neat getting to meet some of his professors. I was surprised at how informal everyone was with each other. I have to admit I was a little nervous about bringing the kids. As you can imagine it isn't common to start grad school married with a couple kids. But they were a hit. Professor Meakin had a dog, that was all Molly needed to be comfortable.
Classes started this week for Drew. So far so good. It's sad not seeing him as much. When he was teaching H.S. he would leave around 7 and get home around 3. Now he's leaving at 7:40 and getting home between 5 or 6. That will take a little getting used to. But I'm proud of him and I'm looking forward to our time here. Lincoln is a really nice city. There are a ton of parks and things to do with the kids. So even though Drew will be busy working, I'll be able to have fun.
A Molly Story
On a completely unrelated note I have a funny Molly story. This morning I had a couple people coming over so I was cleaning. I wanted to make sure that I gave them a false sense of what my life is really like. So I was making sure all the toys were put away, and everything was dust free and uncluttered. So I was in the kitchen finishing the dishes and I hear Gabe's swing going. I thought it was odd, but continued cleaning. When I rounded the corner into the living room what do I see? Molly, who woke up at 7 about an hour and a half before her usual time, had climbed into Gabe's swing turned it on and fell asleep. I guess she was tired and knew that I wasn't going to rock her to sleep. So she did it herself. It was really cute. I'm going to have to make sure that I put the tray down so that she can't get in there anymore. To be honest I was shocked that it supported her.
5 months ago
No comments:
Post a Comment