So last Tuesday, (17th) I ended my term as young mens' president in our ward by taking the boys to a Dbacks game. (For those of you totally oblivious to anything besides the Cubs and White Sox, the Dbacks are a professional baseball team in Phoenix, Ariziona) I was totally pumped. The church payed for everything, the Dbacks are smokin hot this year, and to top it off Brandon Webb was pitching. It couldn't be better. The game starts and bam down 2 nothing in the 1st, 3 in the 2nd, 4 in the 3rd, 7 in the 4th, and finally down by 8 in the 5th. That's when we mounted our come back and scored, you guessed it, one run. Oakland put on 1 more in the 8th and 6 more in the 9th. We lost 15-1. So in that regard, it was the worst game I've ever been to.
But there is some light to every story. The strangest thing happened, and I have no possible explanation other than I am really really, incredibly, ridiculously, good looking. Its about the 4th inning when these too girls come to our row (probably about 9 or 10). They ask my friend Sean and I (were sitting on the end) if we would like some popcorn, where upon we of course say no thanks. (here comes the strange) They then say, "But we got it for you," and hand us three large popcorns for the six of us. We say thank you and pass 2 down to the other 4 guys. At this point we have no idea what just happened, but naturally, we assume that something must be wrong with this popcorn. So we're not sure if we should eat or not. But just then, (try not to fall off your seat in your excitement) we see the girls on the other side of the row and they are sitting just off to our left, their parents sitting right in front of me. So now we have to eat it. We do, and wouldn't you know it, I'm up the rest of the night getting really friendly with the toilet....no not really. The popcorn was fine. The story doesn't end there though. 2 or 3 innings later the same girls are back at our row with 6 bottles of water. I couldn't take it anymore and I blurt out "why are you giving us all this stuff?" (A little rude I've been told, but I had to know) The younger of the two replies with "we just have it." I shout back " what do you mean you just have it. You spent $45 on us, are you trying to kill us, are you gonna follow us home, are you gonna stalk us now, what the heck......" OK, so I didn't say that, but I was thinking it. After that they didn't come back with anything else, probably because I questioned them instead of just saying thank you. But what else did we really need, besides ice cream of course.
So crazy huh? I have no idea who they were, or why we were getting stuff, but we came out $45 ahead and full of artificial butter topping.
1 comment:
you are incredibly, ridiculously, good looking.
Post a Comment