Tuesday, June 24, 2008

A wee update

So, I haven't blogged in forever... I thought that an update might be nice. As most of you probably know I'm in Chicago with the kids. We're having all kinds of fun. We went to the zoo with my family and my friend Sam and her daughter Zara. Gabe slept through most of it. Molly loved chasing the goats at the petting zoo. We went to lake Michigan. Grandpa thought it would be too cold to swim, Molly thought different. She loves the water and didn't want to get out. Today we went to lake Kathrine. We took a little girl that Julie was watching, Ella, Molly's new best friend. They had a great time watching the ducks, and exploring. When we get settled in our new place in a few weeks I'll have to post all kinds of pictures.


It's sad not having Drew around. While we have been gone he's packed almost all of the apartment. I guess our dining room is stacked full of boxes. Last Saturday it was 114 in Phoenix. It's tolerable with A/C, unfortunately Drew didn't have any. Of course it would break when the office was closed. He was angry to say the least. So he went to our friends, Sean and Julia's house and slept on their couch. But it wasn't all bad. Side note: I realized that I had lost my keys two days before we left for Chicago. It isn't uncommon for Molly to take my keys and hide them. After looking in all of her common hiding spots and turning the apartment upside down, I was in a little bit of a panic about it. Anyway, Julia found them in their couch when Drew was there. Talk about a sigh of relief.

4 comments:

Katy Wilson said...

hey, i'm glad you updated! i feel so bad for drew and no a/c...i would die...we keep ours at about 83 in the hot part of the day, and turn it down to 78 during the early morning and night....it's better than off...

Sean & Julia Johnson.... said...

Hey Jenny! I'm so sorry that it took us so long to find your keys at our house. When Drew said you lost them we literally turned the couch upside down looking for them a week or so ago & then when he stayed here last weekend I just looked down & there they were! Wierd!!! Glad your having fun in Chicago!! We are really gonna miss having you guys around :( Good luck in Nebraska! Maybe we'll have to come visit Sean's old mission stomping grounds & visit you guys too!

Wilkerson Family said...

I'm so happy you found the keys too! You should come and visit. Sean could take us to all the cool spots ie. the scary bbq place :)

Sean & Julia Johnson.... said...

p.s. come visit our blog! www.seanandjuliajohnson.blogspot.com