
Well, it looks as though we will be heading to the University of Nebraska in a couple months. There is still one school that has not given a decision, but I think that at this point there is a 99% chance it is a no. So we will be making our plans to depart to Nebraska.
Now, please don't go calling me doctor or anything crazy like that yet. Its a very long process. I have 2 years of course work and many qualifying exams to take before I'm even considered a "PhD candidate".
Go Cornhuskers.
Now, please don't go calling me doctor or anything crazy like that yet. Its a very long process. I have 2 years of course work and many qualifying exams to take before I'm even considered a "PhD candidate".
Go Cornhuskers.
5 comments:
We are thrilled you will be so close! Congrats!
Yeah, Dr. Drew! (I know, but I'm not very obedient)
Let us know when you are planning on moving. Depending on our schedule we may be able to help unload.
Congrats...Go HUSKERS
Yeah for Nebraska! That is too bad that I will be so far away now! It will be fun for you guys though!
Hey it is closer! That's exciting! Nebraska though...once I drove through Nebraska and it was pretty darn boring...maybe you guys will spice it up a bit.
So is your program a grad/PhD combined? Like how does it work? B/c William has to get his grad degree and then go to a whole different school/program for his phD and it will take like 5 years for all of this I think. How long will it take until we actually CAN call you Dr. Drew?!?! And will you be going on Tyra Banks and MTV as said Dr.Drew?
Sam - Yes it is a grad/phD program. It will all be done there. There are several qualifying exams that you have to take to prove that you have sufficent mathematical knowledge to continue past the second year. Once you pass these, you can start your disertation research and would then be considered a PhD candidate.
The average time for finishing everything is 5 years. So you can call me Dr. Drew in probably 5 years. At this time there are no Tyra or MTV appearances planned. All such questions should be addressed to my agent, whom will make the bookings
Post a Comment