Sunday after dinner we went for a walk on the levee trail. The Moormon-Farnsley Landing trailhead is maybe 2 miles from our house. The trail will take you all the way up the Ohio River to downtown. This old church was relocated and renovated a little less than 1 mile up the trail. I think it's beautiful. I'd love to get some closer pictures of it, but there was a wedding going on. We decided to take a walk on a little gravel road that went behind the church. We found a big swamp. It looked like a horror movie. I was waiting to see a body or a hand in the water. Molly wanted nothing to do with this place.
I think this shed is awesome. wouldn't it be a fun background for some pictures. I love me some rusty metal... strange, but true.
another little out building
The path led to the Aydelott-Rosenberger house. We didn't do much exploring. There were no trespassing signs around the house and while we were close to the trail it felt really secluded and like we were doing something we shouldn't. Drew also killed 3 big ticks. ick. I'm not a bug person. Drew did a little research online and it looks like the plan is to renovate the house and let people rent it out with the church for parties and weddings. Maybe one of my kids will have a reception there... in the way way future.And just for good measure a couple pictures from Moormon-Farnsley Landing. It's a historical house that has been renovated. This is a picture of one of the houses' off buildings. The actual house is under some kind of construction. It looked like maybe it's getting plumbling?
At the end everyone wanted to play with the water fountain and the dog fountain that's attached to it. I love lazy Sunday afternoons. Railroad tracks run along this section of the trail. I'm thinking we're going to try some family pictures on them. We're living on the edge.







No comments:
Post a Comment